From Spiffy Stores Knowledge Base
Revision as of 09:06, 16 March 2021 by Admin (Created page with "Customers abandon checkouts for a variety of reasons. This happens when the customer proceeds to the checkout and has entered their contact details, but fail to confirm the pa...")
Customers abandon checkouts for a variety of reasons. This happens when the customer proceeds to the checkout and has entered their contact details, but fail to confirm the payment details.
The items that are left in a customers cart at the time that they abandoned the checkout are not saved, so there is no guarantee that the items will be available for purchase at some time in the future. Furthermore, prices may change and existing discounts may no longer be available. For this reason, when a cutomer attempts to recover an abandoned checkout, they are taken back to the cart page, where item pricing, availability and discounts may be recalculated.
Review your abandoned checkouts
You can review your abandoned checkouts to try to find patterns that might suggest why your customers aren't completing orders.
Abandoned checkouts are available for at least three months in your store Toolbox.
You can manually email a customer a link to their abandoned cart so that they can complete their checkout if they choose.
- From your Spiffy Stores Toolbox, go to Marketing > Abandoned Checkouts.
- Click on the checkout that you want to recover.
- Click the "Send recovery email" button. You can also select the recovery link and copy and paste it into your own customized email if you wish.
- In the dialog pop-up, you can send an email with a default message, or enter your own custom message to the customer.
- Click the "Send email" button to send the message to the customer.
The date that you sent the email will be recorded and shows in the Status section on the Abandoned Checkout page.
Once the customer completes payment for the checkout, then the recovery status for the Abandoned Checkout will be updated.
You can automatically send an email to customers after they have abandoned their checkout. Each email contains a link to the customer's abandoned cart, allowing them to complete their checkout if they choose.
A recovery email is not sent for an abandoned checkout if the cart has been marked as Archived or has already been recovered.
- From your Spiffy Store Toolbox, go to Preferences > General Settings.
- Click on the "Abandoned Checkouts" link, or scroll down to the "Abandoned Checkouts" section.
- Check the "Automatically send abandoned checkout emails" option.
- Under "Send after" option, select the number of hours that you want Spiffy Stores to wait before sending the abandoned checkout email to the customer.
- 1 hour later
- 6 hours later
- 10 hours later (default)
- 24 hours later
- Click the "Apply Settings" button.