Changing a store's owner
From Spiffy Stores Knowledge Base
Revision as of 16:21, 6 November 2017 by Admin
To change a store's owner, they first need to be set up as a staff member. If you haven't already done this, please follow the instructions here to set up a new staff member.
Once you have done this, you need log in as the store owner, and then go to the "Accounts -> Staff logins" section of your store's Toolbox. In the section titled "Need to change the Store Owner", you simply select the staff member you want to set as the store owner, and click the button to confirm this.
If your aim is to transfer all ownership of the store, you should also ensure that the following steps have been completed. This is by no means a comprehensive list, and you should ensure that any connected accounts such as MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Mad Mimi, Xero etc. are also transferred over.
- Ensure the credit card details are updated in the "Accounts -> Store account" section of your store's Toolbox.
- Any payment gateways or PayPal accounts should be updated to the new owners details in the "Preferences -> General Checkout & Payment" section of your store's Toolbox.
- Any staff logins that are no longer required should be removed in the "Accounts -> Staff Logins" section of your store's Toolbox.
- The store email address, street address, contact details and ABN are updated in the "Preferences -> General settings" section of your store's Toolbox. It's vital that the street address in this section is the actual street address, as Spiffy Stores uses this address to calculate shipping costs.
- Any email accounts set up should also have their passwords changed and provided to the new store owner. This can be done in the "Preferences -> Email accounts" section of your store's Toolbox.
- If you are also transferring your domain name to the new owner, you should ensure that the contact and payment details for your domain name are updated to the new store owners details. This can usually be done through the company where you registered the domain name.