DYMO LabelWriter 400 and 450 Installation
From Spiffy Stores Knowledge Base
Revision as of 08:49, 19 March 2021 by Admin (Admin moved page DYMO LabelWriter 400 and 450 Installation for Windows XP, Vista, and 7 to DYMO LabelWriter 400 and 450 Installation: Remove software version dependency)
Please ensure that you are using the latest version of the DYMO LabelWriter software.
We have tested our software using version 8.5.3, so please ensure that you are installing this version or a later version.
The software can be downloaded here -> http://download.dymo.com/dymo/Software/Win/DLS8Setup.8.5.3.exe
We currently do not support the "DYMO Connect" Software.
Step 1. Download Software Installer
Before beginning the installation, please close all open programs.
- If you have installed a previous version of the DYMO LabelWriter Software on your computer, please uninstall that version using Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
- Do not install the drivers using the CD that came with the unit. Instead download them here: http://www.dymo.com/en-US/online-support.
- After the download is complete, run the install application and follow the instructions to install.
- Once the installation is finished, plug the power cable into a power source, and plug the USB cable into a USB port on your computer.
- After a short pause, the DYMO Labelwriter should now appear in your printer menu
Note: If you are using Internet Explorer, then you will need to add the address of your store's admin area yourstore.spiffystores.com as a trusted site. In IE 9 you can do this by following these steps:
- Choose the Tools menu at the top of the screen.
- Select Internet Options, then choose the Security tab.
- Click the icon for Trusted Sites and click on the Sites button.
- Type in the address of your store's admin area into the blank field and click Add.
Step 2. Verify installation
- Go to Printers and Faxes (generally found under the Control Panel) or in Print & Fax in a Mac's System Preferences folder.
- Verify that your DYMO LabelWriter printer has been installed, and is online.
- If you are using Internet Explorer or Safari, then you will need to restart your browser. For Internet Explorer simply click out of every open window. For Safari please visit the Safari menu at the top left and select Quit Safari.
Step 3. Test the printer
If you receive an add-on notification at the top of the screen when viewing an order, then click on it and select "Run Add-ons on All Websites." Log out and log back in to the admin area of your store to continue.
- Click the "orders" tab and click on any order in the list.
- Click the icon next to the shipping address.
- Select the DYMO printer and click print.
- If you would like to print a test label, you can open up the DYMO Label software, select the "Small" label and click "Print".
It's a good idea to make sure you are using the latest version of the DYMO software. To find out what version you currently have installed, locate the Dymo icon on your desktop, and click on it once. The full name will appear and display the version of the software.
The latest version can be downloaded at http://www.dymo.com/en-US/online-support.
Contacting the Manufacturer
Please use the information below to contact this product's manufacturer (Dymo) with questions or concerns on warranty for the hardware. Before calling, locate the serial/part number. This should be listed somewhere on the hardware device.
Dymo Customer Support:
Phone: 1800 633 868